Afrisoft SMS Server is a powerful, flexible SMS Gateway application, that enables you and your company to receive/process/reply SMS messages to mobile devices and web pages with your phone. It has an easy-to-use user interface, and an excellent internal architecture. The application can run on a mobile phone (Windows Mobile) without any need for a PC or a phone-to-PC data cable. Afrisoft SMS Server works on Windows CE and Windows Mobile devices.
How it works:
1. Users or members of the public send sms text message(e.g “VOTE TUFACE”) to the phone that is installed with our SMS Server.
2. Our SMS Server forwards the sms text message to the website that it has been configured to process the keyword to (e.g for keyword “VOTE”, it can forward to “http://www.afrisoft.org/voting.php?phone_no=2348086271447&text_message= VOTE CAT1 TUFACE”).
3. The website processes this sms and does one or more of the following:
a. Outputs “success” to notify the sms server that the message has been processed.
b. Replies the sender where necessary via bulk sms api online or via the sms server by outputting “reply message” where message is the message to be sent to the phone number that the sms was received from.
c. Saves the messages to a database after processing.
The framework is designed support any scenario where low- and high volume incoming and outgoing SMS is required:
• Send and receive SMS messages on phone and/or web site pages
• Process incoming SMS – starts automatically upon message receive
• Database oriented - Messages are stored in a central database (SQLite)
• Database Interface - Interface to edit, delete, view and administer received messages
• Message retry – Retry interval option for messages that failed when forwarding to website.
• Add, Edit, Delete Unlimited Keywords
• Activity log – Main screen displays all message activity going on
• No PC needed – Runs from any windows mobile phone with internet connection
• No Expensive internet needed – Any low cost GPRS or WAP connection is ok.
• Runs as a service on phones – Automatically starts up on windows mobile phones once the phone is started.
• Ships with a sample php page to process the forwarded SMS messages.
• SMS voting system - SMS voting system for awards, songs, matches, e.t.c.
• SMS query system - Query databases remotely on a server using SMS
• SMS software activation - Software activation/registration/unlocking system.
• SMS reservation system - Court reservation system, Hotel reservation system, e.t.c.
• SMS trivia - Implementation of an SMS trivia and games for sports, radio stations, TV Station
• Remote command system for ICT system administrators - Remote ICT management using an SMS
• Hospital/Clinic system - Patients daily medication confirmation system
• Ordering System - SMS Text based ordering system
• Scratch card processing system
• Many other systems than can be listed here.
- The SMS Server service must be running on a mobile phone with the windows mobile 5 (or higher) operating system.
- The free .NET compact framework 3.5 is required to be installed on the windows mobile phone.
- Internet connection is needed on the phone to forward messages to website.
For price details, payment options, and product support, please visit the official page here: http://www.afrisoft.org/sms-server